Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Deliciousness

Guests are great--they get you to actually try to make something special for dinner. :o) This is what we came up with tonight:

------------------------------------

Salmon with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto

Salmon
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Lemon
Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 200˚C.

Take a salmon fillet, and put it in a baking dish with foil in it, enough to eventually wrap around the salmon. Spread 1-2 heaping spoonfuls onto the salmon, enough to generously cover it. Sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Add lemon juice (2-3 Tbsp), and lemon slices (ring-style). Wrap in foil.

Put it in the oven until the salmon is done, when it will be flakey (test the thick middle parts for this). I had enough salmon for 4-5 people, and it took 45-50 min. Salmon always seems to take longer for me than I expect--to make it go more quickly, you can cut a large fillet into several smaller pieces.

Serve with lemon slices, some vegetables (I put zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, and carrots in a wok, added a bit of seasoning and lemon), and some good dense bread. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home