Friday, November 19, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

:o) Shamlessly singing my own birthday song, I know....

Today is a wonderful day! It is all snowy and beautiful, and MJ and I are going to go into town and visit the largest bookstore around. We are each going to get a book, and then have hot chocolate at a cool little café place in Gamla Stan. Yum. We were going to just "Go North!", but that will be a trip for another day. It takes something like 12 hours to get anywhere that's really "in the North".

MJ came over this morning and brought me flowers, and we had breakfast together. I heard from both my brother and my mom, which was great, and then after breakfast MJ said I had to go look for another present! He had gone into town earlier in the week and gotten a beautiful brown corderoy coat for me, which he hid in the closet. And in the pocket were two "eternal tealights", which are basically tea light-looking oil lamps. Neat. :o) There were also two pieces of paper, one saying "Good for one free book, valid 11/19/04", and one saying "Good for one free trip to England or France". We're going on a trip! (lol sometime after we get back from the Thanksgiving trip to Nice, which starts tomorrow. There I will get to hang out with MJ and my dad and my aunt and my brother's friend Ray and his girlfriend, and especially Abbissimimammadmfamsdmfa and Wendisimadkfmslakdmfammma! Yay!)

Now it is time to get ready and head off, so I can get back in time for the flowers that the floral shop said are coming at 6. (I need to let them in the door)

And it is sunny and beautiful on the snow! :o) Happy day....


(p.s. incidentally, my mom tells me that it was also a Friday the day I was born. AND it snowed that day. So having a snowy Friday is a pretty good birthday combination.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home