Tuesday, August 22, 2006

D's birthday (WIDTS 5)

Okay, so now I've gotten out of order, because Darius' birthday is June 8th. We did celebrate it! My mom and I met up and then met D after work and were then met by Jenni after her working and filming. (Whew! Gatherings are complicated.) Then we went to an Irish pub for dinner. The new smoking ban made this a delightful experience (D tells me that in the past the air inside was opaque), and I had corned beef and cabbage. According to their menu, that makes me an irishman. (oh really...)

For his birthday, I gave D a book all about Swedish hotdogs. Those of you who know Darius will understand. Those of you who don't, I can partially explain by telling you his dream of the past 20-odd years is to start up a club that flies over to Sweden on the weekends just to eat "varmkorv med bröd" from the local vendors.

Without further ado, the pub:
And a genuine Swedish varmkorv med bröd (kokt, bara ketchup). The drink is pear juice.

3 Comments:

At 22/8/06 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and if he makes his dream come true, I'll be one of the first to sign up!

 
At 22/8/06 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me HUNGRY!

 
At 23/8/06 7:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

:) Indeed. They are delicious. Maybe it's time for me to go out and get lunch....

lol and Yuya, I'll let him know. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home