I return
I'm back from Nice, as of late Sat PM. The trip was great! I kept running into things from when I was there 2 years ago with (the dreaded) Sarah Lawrence College, which was very cool--it made the area feel familiar.
It was sooo much fun to see Wendy and Abbey again! It's a good thing we keep meeting up in random places all over the world, because it makes it seem like it can't be too long before I will see them again, even if we are living in different countries. Funny how small the world can seem sometimes...
There is no way I can talk about the whole trip here, but I did get to see a medieval town, eat delicious roasted chestnuts, re-visit the Fondation Maeght (highly recommended to anyone who has a chance to go), throw small rocks by the mediterranean, eat delicious pastries and drink wonderful hot chocolate, and warm up a bit in the sunnier-than-Sweden south of France. :o) Good times. Oh! And we went and visited Monaco! The princess there is also named Stephanie. :o) (I learned that from a very confusing and all-in-French conversation at the French Table my freshman year... Mme Saigal was speaking rapidly and kept saying "Stephanie" when I told her my name, and then soon everyone else was saying it too. lol Luckily I had friends to ask what it was all about when it was over and I realized that 1-2 weeks of French just wasn't going to cut it for understanding such conversations. She'd just made the connection with the princess' name, and was making conversation.) It was really nice to have a chance to use French again on the trip, too. I'm glad I still have a bit of it in my head.
Now I'm with my dad in Sweden (he's here for the week), and drinking excellent Pomme-Canelle tea I brought back with me. But as it's getting later on in the day, it's time to be off to do some errands. lol Which include actually registering me as a resident in Sweden. (Right... so I, uh, just wanted to make sure I was really staying before I told them I was here.... um, yeah.) :o)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home