Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Audio Fieldtrip

If anyone feels like taking a little trip around Sweden with their ears, SVD (Svenska Dagbladet, one of the most well-known Swedish newspapers) has put together a collection of recordings from all over Sweden, and put them on their website for your listening delight. :o)

If you are interested:

1) Go to http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/kultur/did_4351328.asp

2) Click on one of the red dots on the map of Sweden. Another page will load, with text in the middle. That is the transcript of the recording. The text title is where the speaker is from (the dot location that you clicked on).

3) Look to the right side of the article, and click on the text below the bold word "Lyssna" (listen). This is also the text right above the mini-map. The text explains who is speaking, when they were born, and when it was recorded.

4) This will download the Real Audio file, which you should open to hear the text.

5) Close your eyes, lean back, and prepare to visit Sweden.

3 Comments:

At 1/2/06 7:37 PM, Blogger Monique said...

I'm home sick in bed with my laptop and managed to find my way here. I have not yet played this file you speak of, but I must say that I will be sorely disappointed if I hear anything less than "scurdy verdy gurdy, dur moose-moose."

 
At 1/2/06 7:44 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Listening now. . .

Oh, thank you Swedish Chef for teaching me everything I needed to know about the children of the vikings.

 
At 1/2/06 9:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Monique-

That is a truly awesome photo. :o)

I hope you recover soon from being sick (and thank goodness for laptops)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home