Trevor Stays! (WIDTS 6)
So, the last post about D's birthday was out of order. But when Joo and Trevor came to visit... first my dad cut off his fingers, which was not fun and everyone has already read about.... but the next day Trevor came to stay with me for the weekend, which was great fun! (Incidentally, my dad's hand has healed wonderfully, and he is doing very well. His hand is really starting to look normal again, and he no longer needs a splint or a bandage or anything. Amazing.)
Here's why I got to play with Trevor: Jess and her mom's side of the family have a "Girls' Weekend" every year, where all of the girls get together and have a good time for the weekend. Trevor is not a girl. He was here in Washington because Jess had come for the whole week. So as, ahem, his official aunt... I got to have him stay with me for the weekend. :o)
I went over to Whidby Island (where they were spending the weekend) and picked him up on Friday, and he came back with me to play until Monday. We went back to visit on Sunday for the Girls' Weekend Luau, and he was a very good little boy the whole time. We played ball, we went to the park, and generally just had a good weekend of it. lol I also discovered that the world's most effective alarm clock is a baby sleeping in your room. :o) One noise, and I was up and ready with bottle in hand (becasue if you give it to him quickly enough, he'll go back to sleep for a few hours). Also, you have to mix the oatmeal just right, or they won't eat it.




2 Comments:
Why is he so dig dog dang cute! Jeepers, and lucky me I get to see him EVERY SINGLE DAY! He's started talking you know. He says "Uh Oh" now instead of just making the sound ith his mouth shut, and he tries to repeat the sounds of animals...ie A cow says Moo etc. So fun. Can't wait to see you again!
Sweet! lol I'll have to see if I can get him to actually talk back to me next time we "talk" on the phone. :) I can't believe how much he's growing! Incredible.
Post a Comment
<< Home