Friday, October 06, 2006

Perinopetitet

The other night, I woke up from a dream in which I was trying to fit this word into a line in the latest issue of Kulturen. I presumably knew what it meant in my dream, but I couldn't remember its meaning when I awoke. I came up with a few "derivations", but I thought I'd open it up to all of you, as well.

My current working definition:
Perinopetitet (plural: Periznopetiten) - the mythological being of small or insignificant things.
Comes from: Peri (pl. Periz), a mythical superhuman being in Persian mythology, originally represented as evil but subsequently as a good or graceful genie or fairy; no, Japanese "of" or possessive article; petit, in the Late Middle English sense of "small or insignificant"; -et, Swedish definite article ending.

per-IN-no-pe-TIT-et, per-IZ-no-pe-TIT-en


Better/different suggestions, anyone? :)

(I'll post more Sweden pictures presently)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home