Sunday, April 15, 2007

TESOL graduate!

I spent February in intense school mode, and graduated with a certificate in teaching ESL (equivalent to the CELTA degree in Europe). I'm now certified to teach ESL anywhere in the world, including the US as long as it's not public school K-12. It also gives me 12 graduate credits towards a 48-credit Masters in ESL or a related field (teaching, ESOL, etc). And I have a professional portfolio (ooooh...).

This is my fabulous class:

And my two project groups:


And our "graduation" ceremony.

Note that in all of these pictures we'd had a huge project due that same day, so most of us hadn't slept. The lucky ones had gotten just an hour or two. (So no glamour shots--but we were very happy.)

2 Comments:

At 16/4/07 3:56 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Yeah, I remember you telling me this was a goal of yours. You are freakin' awesome for accomplishing it -- and quickly, I might add!

What's next for you?

 
At 16/4/07 8:58 PM, Blogger Feed said...

Ah, yes... the longstanding butterfly-in-the-basket tradition

 

Post a Comment

<< Home