Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Cold Indoors

So I've noticed a recent trend which makes me question the temperature settings in my house. First, I always feel chilly and am drinking warm things to warm up. Then, the other day when my dad stopped by, he found me running laps back and forth in the hallway downstairs, trying to warm up. Also, I wear nothing that isn't layered, again, trying to warm up. This is my typical inside dress of late:


(yes, that is a sweater and a down vest I'm layering.)

I turn up the heat somewhat, but my dad is the opposite and always too hot. So whenever he's here, he tells me to turn it down. And he wants to save on energy, which is fair. I do that sort of thing myself (Paris with Abbey, my Bellevue apt). But I really think I have a valid claim that it's too cold in here.

Time to go to Mexico! (One more month to wait...)

------------

In other news, I might become an ESL teacher. Or, more specifically, get a TESOL certificate to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages at the college level, and then get a masters in teaching or TESOL. A linguisticky career!

5 Comments:

At 26/10/06 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are VERY cold here too! We have space heaters in the the two bedrooms, but if you walk around the rest of the house you'll turn into a popsicle person! At least you'll be able to warm up in Mexico! I wish I were going too! That would be sooooo fun! Well, think of me when you see people drowning in the pool with their swim fins on, or being harrassed by the employees while taking a dip in the hot tub ok?

 
At 28/10/06 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too warm here! It should not be this sunny and warm at the end of October. It's unnatural. I miss rain and snow-covered mountains=(

 
At 29/10/06 11:34 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Turn the heat up! It will make a difference of 20 or 40 bucks a month, which you can save by doing one less fancy meal per month! It's worth it!

 
At 30/10/06 12:33 PM, Blogger monsterpants said...

i have a friend who is doing that TESOL degree right now! you should go for it, that is neat.

 
At 30/10/06 2:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joo - lol I never forget you when I go to Mexico. Especially when I see swim fins.

Yuya - come back soon!

Tom - :) I only have about one "fancy" meal a month. And fancy means anything with more than one part to it. But I did manage to cut down enough that my dad now says it's okay for me to turn up the heat. Sometimes.

Gwen - yes, I am getting increasingly excited about the program. I actually went to the information session TRYING to find something wrong with it because I was afraid I was just making it all up. There was nothing I could find. As of now, I'm planning on starting in February. :) Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home