Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Messiah has arrived (!)

jk

Last night MJ, my dad, and I went to see a performace of The Messiah at Storkyrkan ("Big Church") in Gamla Stan (Old-Town Stockholm). It was great! The orchestra was apparently the best in Sweden, and the choir was awesome. And the second big trumpet solo (with all the super-quiet and loud switches going on) was just amazing! I'm entirely impressed by his ability to keep such clear and right-on notes, while perfectly pulling off the crecendos and decrecendos. The only weird thing about the night was that nobody stood up during the Hallelujah chorus--which I've never seen happen before. lol I was too afraid to stand up all by myself, so I just sat up taller. Weird, though.

On the way back, my dad and I waltzed around in the subway to some guy's music. Definitely a high point of the evening. :o) (Almost as good as the other night's dancing around in the snowy park and then playing soccer with a snow-clump after the Advent concert at Oscarskyrkan. I think the random dancing about really just does it for me. :o) [yeah, let's state the obvious])

It is still snowy and beautiful in Sweden, although it's started to melt a bit. Looking at the sky, however, I wouldn't be surprised if we got more soon. lol It's going to seem quite warm to me when I get back to Seattle... it will be the first time in 4 years that I don't freeze getting off the plane there. Maybe returning to Seattle after New Year's in LA will still give me a chance to experience that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home