Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wait... Snow?

I just got done shoveling snow off the driveway.

That's right. I'm in Everett, not Sweden. And it's been an otherwise warm week in February. But it snowed.

Driving up here last night, I should have had a warning... I passed through hail, snow, and slushy something mixed with rain on the way. There was also a brief thunderstorm. But the week had been so pleasant--nice, sunny, warm days. So, completely unsuspecting, I got ready for bed, and decided to go off to sleep...

Before I could fall asleep, Darius got up to go to the airport (he had a 6am flight to catch, and it was a late night for me). Since I was still up, I thought I'd go say good morning and wish him a safe trip. I walked out to the kitchen and found him staring out the window with a confused expression on his face. It was snowing. And it was sticking. And there was already about an inch on the ground.

He had to get ready and leave within a half hour, and his car doesn't have snow tires on it, so we confirmed via the web that it was only local snow, and then I went out to shovel the driveway so he could get up the slope. I first cleared a path for him to leave, and after he left and I decided I may as well finish the job. It had stopped snowing by now, so it wouldn't be wasted work, and this way my dad wouldn't have to worry about it when he left for work. After clearing the rest of the snow, I got to actually make use of my little snow-duster thing I have in my car and clean off the cars.

Now I am bemused and tired, so I'm off to bed.

You know, I don't think I would like doing this all of the time, but a once-a-year 3:30am snow-shoveling is really quite refreshing. I even made a snowman.

1 Comments:

At 22/2/06 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a nut! And well, I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home