Already?
I just got back from taking my dad to the airport bus for his flight back to Seattle. It was great--he flew over here and after we all spent a week in Nice together, he came up here for a week and we got tons of stuff done on the apartment. I don't like to do any of the drilling-into-walls and such things on my own, because I'm afraid I'll ruin something, so I can't really get any of that done if he's not around. It was fun to get to spend some time with him, too.
Coming back from taking my dad, I realized that I only have a week and a half here before I go home for a month! Crazy. I didn't expect it to come so soon. And a month is a long time--but it sounds like I'll be plenty busy with getting ready for Christmas and flying to LA for New Years and then driving up to Whistler after that to go skiing. Not to mention less pleasant things like a dental appointment, and fun things like swing dancing. :o) The lindy crowd in Stockholm tends to be... well, older. As in, middle-aged people who have decided to take swing lessons, or remember stuff from when they were kids and learned it in school. Which is fine, but it definitely gives things a different atmosphere. (I do think it's great that they used to teach real dancing in the schools here. Way to go, Sweden.) I can find good dancing sometimes here, and in Uppsala (a nearby university town) there are many really good swing dancers, but their dances aren't as frequent and require a 40 min train ride north. So dancing is definitely on my list when I go home. :o)
Okay. I'm supposed to be working. Back to work.

3 Comments:
You're going to Whistler? That makes me very envious. I feels like it's been for ever since I went skiing last, and even long since I went skiing up at Whistler... =( Maybe I can convince Katie to go skiing in the Alps (not likely) when we go. Oh, and speaking of Nice, we'll probably go there too. Our winter trip, as planned out at the moment, will start in Venice, up into Austria (all over), Southern Germany, Switzerland, back into northern Italy, and then finish up with the French Rivierras (Nice, Monocco, etc.). Any suggestions on what to do when we go? You know, I'm really enjoying this whole "living in Europe" thing. I'm seriously tempted to apply to graduate programs over here, even though I miss Whistler.
By the way, now that you have a blog, you better stick with updating unlike some people who we shall only refer to as "Kyle A"... no wait, that's too obvious... let's call him "K Anderson".
Oh, by the way, I finally put up the pictures of when Katie and I visited you - did the email make it alright?
Ok, that's it for now. Take care.
-Yuya
Hey sounds like you'll be pretty busy when you get to town, but if there's any chance you get a spare moment and are looking to fill it, I'd love to get in touch with you! Maybe you could come see Gary's and my house in Ballard or the tea shop where I work (lots of delicious loose leaf teas!).
Oh, actually, depending on when you get here- we are having a party on the 18th that is open to all our friends and acquaintances (it's sort of a non-traditional holiday open house). It's called Robanakuh (did you ever watch Futurama? That show was great- Bender the robot makes up this holiday called Robanakuh to get out of doing work, so we "celebrate" it now.) Anyways, if you are looking for something to do, it's at 7:30 and feel free to bring a guest if you want.
It's so weird, because I have all these friends who come back to Seattle/ Everett for the holidays and they are in such high demand because everyone wants to see them while they are home. That's gotta be stressful for them (and you). So don't let me add to the stress, but know the offer stands, I think it'd be totally fun to see you.
My cell number is 206-948-3805 if you are looking for something to do or someone to hang out with while you are in town.
-Gwen
Yuya-- lol I will do my best to keep up. I think I've reached a personal responding-to-anything record at the moment. (let's hope this all works like momentum and such) I did get the pictures...thanks, they are awesome. :o) They remind me of how much fun it was to have you two visit!
In the Nice-area, I'd suggest visiting the Fondation Maeght (http://www.fondationmaeght.com -- probably my favorite museum in the south of France), going to some medieval village (there was Haut-de-Cagnes right by where we were, and it was great), visiting Antibes if you have time, and definitely take time to go to Monaco. It's super fun to walk around, and it was all lit up when we were there at night. Of course, almost anything there is awesome. We had a really good time walking around Cannes, too, and the beach at Nice is great--all beatiful round pebbles/stones.
Gwen--I would definitely like to get a chance to meet up while I'm in town. I'll be flying back on the 15th, and I'll be around 'til the 15th of January. I think I can make it on the 18th, but I'm not certain--I have "Messiah" written on my calendar, but I believe it's in the afternoon and not the evening. My dad got the tickets, so I'll ask him. I'll give you an email or a call, though. :o) Thanks for the invitation! I'd love to come if I can.
Post a Comment
<< Home