Zurich!
I went to Zurich! It was awesome. :o)
The day after Ab and Alain left here, I left to go visit Wendy in Zurich. It was funny to be on the other side of Switzerland... I kept having to remind myself that it was the same country, as last time I was there (in Lausanne) everyone was speaking French, and this time everyone was speaking German.
It was so much fun to go! Wendy was (as always) the perfect hostess, and I had a simply delightful time. I got to see what she's working on in the lab (after the elusive "Product" it seems... jk), and even go to some of her chemistry classes. (Ab arrived on Thursday, and we made up an NMR "dance" in honor of Wendy's chemical exploits.) I also got to go with Wendy to her church group meeting (they are awesome people!), meet her verycool friend Carla and Carla's fiancé (who has the same camera as MJ...), go pedal-boating on a sunny day in the lake, and take a day trip to the hot springs in Baden (with Ab, too)! I also stocked up on Swiss chocolate (which you can no longer ship, I'm told, so it's a good thing I got it now) and tea. mmmm...
Ah, and I will be forever craving Tibits meals. :o)

1 Comments:
yay! i'm so glad you got to come before you have to head home...it was definitely an awesome week :) enjoy all 19 of those chocolate bars, or whatever the final count was :) by the way, when i get a spare minute i'll post pics of us on my website (purplepiano6.textamerica.com), probably later this weekend. bis bald steph
Post a Comment
<< Home