Impromptu Swing
Oh, and I forgot to mention--I did end up getting together with Patrick and co. after all the weekend he was here. The next night they organized an impromtu swing dance at the SSS (Swedish Swing Society) building, which ended up having a very small turnout (5) but was quite fun all the same. It was nice to be able to dance with Patrick while he was here.
BUT best of all, I found out that a brand-new (like, 1-week-old) WEEKLY swing dance place has opened up in Stockholm!! Yay!! I'm saved! It was organized by a guy originally from LA (go figure) who loves the Seattle scene (sweet.) and decided they needed a weekly venue in Stockholm. He and his girlfriend (who is Swedish, hence his being in Sweden) are both great dancers, and give lessons at the SSS. And now I know three people my age (including the one I met at the Friday dance) in the Stockholm swing scene, AND a place to go and dance with them. :o)
Things are looking up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home