Kagelbanan
Whoa... total posting overload here... but I just had to make a post to note a very special occasion:
For the first time EVER, I went dancing all by myself. lol This is not a big deal to many people, but it is a big deal to me. I've never gone without at least one friend before, and I was all by myself. :o) (Okay, so I had a little bit of help; Patrick was supposed to show up with his friend here from Stockholm, but they didn't show. So I ended up still being all by myself.)
It ended up going quite well--I danced with people all night, and had a good time. Despite the um, interesting... loud... rockabilly-style with a twinge of country live band.. and the ridiculous amount of smoking going on. Luckily, they had some DJ's playing real lindy music between sets, and there were some awesome dancers there tonight, even ones under 40! Some were my age! :o) I think the Swedish Swing Society show brought them.
Oh, and I discovered it can be a good thing to dance a slightly different style than everyone else here--some girl who was there with her boyfriend came up to me about halfway through, and wanted to ask me all about how I danced and how they could learn to dance like me. Apparently they know nothing about swing, but thought I really stuck out in a good way, and said they particularly wanted to learn my styling. :o) I directed her to some lessons in the area, and told her she could adjust the styling however she liked. (I need someone to teach with, darn it!!!)
Okay. Time to sleep.

2 Comments:
wow steph, so many posts :) i'm glad you went dancing by yourself and had fun...yay!!! and so glad you had such a good time in paris! ab gets here tomorrow...and then in 2 fridays we'll all be in berlin! i can't even believe it...yes, time does fly, to be cliche about it. anyways, just wanted to say hi, and bis BALD!!!
:o) Wendissimma!
I'm so excited about Berlin! It will be great. I've wanted to go there forever, and I only ever hear good things about it. It'll be good to see Lena, too. AND we get to all three hang out together again! Yay! (And keep adding those locations-all-over-the-world to our list.....)
vi ses snart :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home