Ring, ring...
I just read an article on CNN saying that the FCC is considering allowing in-flight cell phone usage on commercial plane rides. (lol My dad would be so happy...)
Although I do think the worry about something technological going wrong is a bit silly (there have been many studies done and articles published that find no validity in this argument), I am divided about their usage being allowed, mainly because of the other people who have to sit and listen to the conversations. (And on planes, especially by the windows where it is harder to hear, people may be prone to talking pretty loudly) Everyone here loves their cell phones, and I'm constantly hearing the ringing and animated conversations when I'm on the bus or subway or train, and it can be a bit annoying sometimes. I don't know if it's the smallness of the phones or the other ambient noise, but people generally seem to talk louder on cell phones than they would talk if they were talking to someone next to them. Maybe they could have designated cell-phone-using areas or something. lol Or fancy sound-room like helmets for people to wear when they talk on them, so their noise is contained.... (jk)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home