Forgotten news
Oh, right... very sad news I forgot to post:
John can't come back to Sweden until March. :o( The 15th of March, to be precise.
There is a very complicated explanation to this, but it mainly involves government bureaucracies, out-dated (and yet official) web sites, and the fact that Sweden is a Schengen country. Anyway. It boils down to the fact that, having been in the country for 90 days in the last 6-month period, he must be out of the country for 90 days until he can come back. Or apply for a residence permit, which doesn't really seem viable because they take 4-6 months to process.
Yikes. Having dual-citizenship never seemed so lucky before this. Except that I can't bring someone I love here with me.
On with Stockholm living...

1 Comments:
Yay! You're posting again!
That's really too bad about John. Seems like a silly law that was put in place, just for the sake of having it and doesn't seem to really serve any purpose. If you get too lonely all by yourself in the cold dark winter of Stockholm, you're always welcome to visit me in England! Katie will be leaving for Scotland in a couple days but I should be around.
The trip was awesome. I was away for 3 whole weeks and in that time, we went to 9 countries and 21 cities (only including places that we actually saw more than just the train station). It was a wild, crazy, exhausting but an amazing trip. Most of the time we travelled by night when most things were closed anyway and we jam-packed each day with sites and activities so I don't feel like we missed out on much and yet still saw a lot in a short time. We saw (in this order): Venice, Verona, Innsbruk, Salzburg, Vienna, back to Salzburg, Munich, Fussen (where they have King Ludwig's castles.. the one Disney's castle was modelled after), Luzern, Interlaken, Gimmelwald, Geneve, Milano, Nice, Barcelona, Paris, Brussels, Brugges, Amsterdam, Edam, Haarlem, back to Vienna, and finally to Budapest. I love travelling. For Katie's spring break, we're thinking of going to Athens and Istanbul.
In other news, I started hearing back from few of the schools (3 of 7) and so far so good. UW Genome Sciences, UW Mol./Cell Bio/ Fred. Hutch., and Stanford Genetics have invited me over for interviews in late february. I'm not in yet, but it's certainly good news. What's really great is that UW is flying me from London and putting me up in a hotel near the U. and then Stanford will fly me down from Seattle for theirs right afterwards. I'm excited.
Anyway, that's all the excitement for now. Again, you are more than welcome to visit me in England if you'd like. But then again, it might be more fun if it was when John could come too. Maybe you guys can meet up here, stay til March 15th, and then fly to Stockholm together. I'll be away from late february so I probably won't get to see too much of you guys, but hey, they all speak English here (imagine that!) so I'm sure it'd work out. Anyway, just a thought.
Take care!
Yuya
Post a Comment
<< Home