Beware of passing busses...
Seriously.
Today, I was waiting for my bus in the little covered bus stop, looking around and watching for the number I wanted. I kept a careful eye on one as it approached, but then as it got closer I saw it wasn't the one I wanted, so I turned my head and stepped a little bit to the side to get a better view for the next one that would be coming down the road. As I did this, I felt something whiz through the back of my hair, hitting it to the side, and then a loud BANG! as something hit the back of the bus cover. Looking down, I saw a good-sized rock lying on the ground by my feet--as the bus had passed, its wheels had spun that rock up off the (paved!) road, and sent it flying at my head! Good thing I was impatiently moving to look for the next bus.
I'm starting to think that waiting behind the shelter (out in the weather but away from flying rocks) would be a better option than waiting under its "protection".

3 Comments:
I don't think that was any "accident"... I suspect you may have been a target of attempted drive-by stoning. Watch out!
Yuya
lol you know those crazy-religous Swedes... I must have done something to offend, and on a Sunday, at that... (jk)
Ha. And don't worry. I promise I'll come to Berlin in one piece. :o) I'll just start a new helmet-wearing trend. (they love new trends here... why not try something a bit off the beaten track?)
I'm leaving for Seattle on the 22nd and I'll be back in England on the ides of March. Beware! Let me know when you and John can visit! -Yuya
Post a Comment
<< Home