Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Also--

I read this article the other day, and was highly amused.

You can get everything at Wal-Mart, apparently. (So do you go to Costco if you want to go on a group date?)

5 Comments:

At 12/4/05 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!

Good to hear you're alive, I'm excited you're coming to England, and interesting article. I still dislike Walmart though. Anyway, take care!

Yuya

PS Should I go to UW or Stanford for grad school? I need to decide by friday and I can't make up my mind!

 
At 13/4/05 1:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Go to UW! Go to UW! :o) I'm going to be there studying CS, and I will miss you if you are at Stanford! Besides, Seattle is simply the better place to be. ;o)

lol selfish reasons aside, I can see that's a tough decision. They were comparable when you went to visit?

 
At 13/4/05 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I liked both about the same. It comes down to this: I think I would be happier at UW and staying in Seattle, but I think Stanford would be the better career move since I did my undergrad at UW. That being said, I think I'll be happy at either place and both offer very good programs.

I agree about Seattle being the better place to be, but that complicates things even more. If I go to UW, it'll be a lot harder for me if I wanted to teach at UW after grad school. If I went away now, it'll be easier for me to come back and have a career in Seattle.

The whole thing is a 5-6yr commitment! ahhh!!!

Yuya

 
At 13/4/05 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I couldn't take this anymore. I picked Stanford. As much as I love Seattle/UW, I think it'd be best if I tried a different school. I'll miss everyone though. You'll have to come visit ok? Bay Area is a very nice place to visit and it's really not THAT far. Yuya

 
At 13/4/05 2:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You bet I'll come visit. :o)

As much as I will miss you, and always push Seattle as the place to be, I think you've probably made the right choice. (Besides, I hear the Bay Area has a good swing scene...lol) It's good to diversify, and you make a good point about wanting to teach at UW later and whatnot.

Stanford is an excellent school, and I've heard good reports from people who've gone there. Leah's brother went there, among others, and I only ever heard him say good things about it. lol and if you talk to my dad, he'll do nothing but rave about the Bay Area. I think it's nearly his favorite place in the world.

Anyway. I'm rambling. But mostly I just want to add in my vote of confidence that you made the right choice. :o) Congrats on your decision.

-Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home