Let them eat pie! (WIDTS 13)
...or better yet, let them eat fresh fruit tart!
Yuya and Jenni and I had a delightful afternoon of dinner and kubb-playing, followed by evening swing dancing. It's hard to think of a better way to pass a summer evening. I neglected to take pictures of kubb or swing dancing or the rest of the meal, so this is a story of a fresh fruit tart.
Jenni and I carefully documented everything.
Very carefully.
I think Yuya was a bit bewildered by the number of photos we were taking, but he was a good sport. :)
Cheers!
The end. Mmmmm.
If you would like to make a delicious tart of your very own, here is how to do it:Fresh fruit tart
Need:
3/4c butter, room temperature (1.5 sticks)
1.5c flour
3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
-
8oz (usually one pack) cream cheese
2 eggs
2/3c sugar
-
Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...)
-
1.5c apple juice
2 Tbsp corn starch
-
Mixing bowl and spoon
Pie form of some sort
Saucepan and whisk
Spoon for spooning over glaze
Do:
CRUST:
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Cube butter, and mix together butter, flour, and sugar. You'll need to get your hands in there for this. Pat into pie form (either one like the one I have, or a springform pan. If you use one like mine, make sure to put some baking paper in it so you can lift out the tart when it is done). It should be pretty thin; you may not use all of the dough. (You can do a second small one or mini ones or elephant ears with the rest.) Poke a bunch of holes in the bottom with a fork. Place in the oven, and bake for 15 min at 400˚. You may want to check during baking that it's not bubbling up too much; if it is, poke down with a fork. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
CREAM FILLING:
Preheat oven to 325˚F.
Mix (with a mixer or by hand; I use a mixer) cream cheese, eggs, and sugar together in a bowl. Pour over cooled crust (again, you may not use all of it--leave some space on top for the fruit) and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. It will puff up quite a bit when cooked, but deflate somewhat when cooled. Cool.
FRUIT/GLAZE:
Arrange fruits/berries over the filling. Put apple juice and cornstarch in saucepan, whisk together, and heat to a boil. Boil about a minute, whisking occasionally. Then remove and let cool for about a minute. Spoon this mixture slowly over the fruit until the fruit is covered enough that it will all stick together and stay on the pie.
Cool, possibly in a fridge. Then serve and enjoy. :)

5 Comments:
Huzzah! Rare pictures of Steph on her own blog... This trend must be encouraged.
I don't want to make one of my own, but I do want you to make me one! When you come to visit I will make you a vegetable pizza and you will make me a delicious fruit tart yes?
It was spectacular. Since you sent me the recipe, I've made it twice. The first time was for a small group of people, from which I got a lot of encouragements and then an encore performace at a friend's house warming party. It was a big hit. Thanks again!
PS. I wasn't bewildered in that picture. If you notice, I was secretly wanting the big piece (located at the front in the pic) than the piece that was prsented to me.
Joo-
Okay, it's a deal. ;o) As long as I still get to bribe Trevor into liking me with samples.
----
Yuya-
Yay! Congrats on your culinary success! :o) lol and thanks for the clarification.
Ah, and as far as blogs with their owners' pictures on them go... the best encouragement is leading by example. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home